The Artist's Soul

The Artist's Soul

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fair Weather Potter

Now is the Season of my discontent, as the temperatures plummet to winter and the air is raw with cold rain transitioning to snow.  Our class will be unloading the outdoor soda kiln tomorrow when the high of the day is low 30s.  We've been oddly graced with one lovely November day after another, enough to lull me into believing it would go on indefinitely.  What is my delusion- this IS Minnesota after all!

Oh well,  I will pull up my Big Girl Pants and my parka and boots, gloves and hat but I'll still long for the beautiful day we had last weekend for loading.  I didn't have many pieces in this kiln firing, a funky folded basket style vase and few oval bowls with texture from crocheted doilies my grandmother and great aunts made decades ago.  They'd probably have a conniption to see how I am purposing their work, but I am immortalizing thread into ceramics.  None of the other cousins wanted all those crocheted treasures when the aunts' households were being dispersed and I like the idea or reusing their handiwork in eating vessels.  Pictures will follow in the next blog. If they turned out well - I'm a harsh critic of my own work.

My readers have kept up the drumbeat for more pet photos, and I have to say that little Odin is far from little, at just 4 weeks he is a puppy of Substance.  Just look at his puppy chubbiness in the photo the breeder shared.  I cropped their young son, since I don't feel it's appropriate for me to share his face. But look at that happy grin on his face while he snuggles little Odin. I predict Odin's paws will rarely touch floor during the Holidays, that one or the other of us will be lugging that fuzzy sweetheart around.

I am concerned for the elderly and tiny Rocky, he seems already dwarfed by Odin.   He has degenerative joints and struggles with pain ( I sure relate to that !) Although the two cats rule the roost and will be sure to keep a rambunctious upstart puppy in his place until he learns the Order of The Day.  

Stay calm bro, it's just the catnip, the puppy isn't here yet.


For the 25 readers from Russia, do you like cat-puppy photos too?


No comments:

Post a Comment