The Artist's Soul

The Artist's Soul

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Silent Film Time

The not so little kitteh received a new comfy bed from his caretakers.  He is the most pampered of felines and showed his appreciation with his kneading the new cushion.  If you listen most carefully, you can hear the sound his little cat feet make.  Not much news on the home front, other than getting organized and inventory packed for a small church craft sale this weekend.  It isn't high art, mostly grandmotherly types who crochet hand towels to hang on the oven door and baby afghans, caps and mittens.  All lovingly made by good church ladies - and then there's me! How did I sneak in?  I'll set up my handmade soaps and balms, foot soaks and my small ceramics that are priced very low so children can buy a gift for their moms, or aunts or grannies or teacher.  I can remember those days, falling in love with something and not having enough in my tiny purse to buy an object.  I have wee little ring trays and soap dishes and ceramic heart ornaments.  

No snow expected and a mild day is predicted!  Yay for easy schlepping my display and heavy boxes in and out of the school gym.  It isn't much fun to push a laden dolly through snow and slush, and at this time of year, every pleasant day is truly a gift.  

I've worn out the little towels I purchased last year, and hope the same sweet elderly lady will return with her crocheted towels this weekend.  The Boy and Girl Scouts serve a lunch to purchase, and there's a display of donated treats to buy that are delicious and deadly to the waistline available as well. It's fun and enjoyable to be in a community where small church events are still very much a part of the norm, and casually run without snobby art critics that demand 10 formatted jpegs of your work to be judged by committee who don't return your entry fee if you're found wanting.  


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment